Back from Central Africa

those breather bags are interesting... I have to mail order all my aquarium fish, & they have all come in traditional bags with air...

but when I ordered my Tilapia I expected a huge box, but they cam in breather bags, with no air... that was my 1st exposure to those...

a couple questions...

were they expensive??? ( I assume quite a bit more than traditional bags )

& where were you able to find them???

I did. You could feel things building. The regime wasn't even able to keep the major roads passable, or water running in the city, and the infrastructure of the country was totally neglected. Yet it was a country with a tiny population and massive oil revenues. Nothing was trickling down, let alone being planned and carried out. The people of the country should have been far better off than they were, and the general consensus was corruption at the highest level was to blame. The executives in that country were getting pretty good pay packages for what they did, which was next to nothing. They ran the country like a business, and they got a hostile takeover.

They allowed no foreign observers or press at the election, and that's always a sign the books are being cooked.

The army? A coup is always dangerous, and you wonder how it will play out. I hope people don't die, and that the many good people I met there are safe.

Not me. I'm innocent. If I were a citizen of that country, I would have wanted change very badly, but I wouldn't have picked a military strongman who is the (ex) President's cousin to make the changes needed. It looks like the old Who line of meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

When you're in a new country, whether it's Gabon, the USA or any other place, you look at it with your own world view as a filter. That makes discussing what happens political and that would violate forum common sense. There are some hardline ideologies that could butt heads here.

But the very real and very tough Wagner mercenaries from Russia on the flight to Ethiopia may like the new guy a lot.

pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures.

post some pictures

those breather bags are interesting... I have to mail order all my aquarium fish, & they have all come in traditional bags with air...
If I ship fish abroad, I always use breathing bags. The stress level will go down for the water can't splash for such a bag will be filled with water to the top. And the box you put them in can be smaller in comparison to normal bags.

You want us to pay you to see naked fish pictures?
There are other people who pay good money for 'natural' fish pictures, you know.

On a related unrelated note, a lot of these fish that were breath-takingly colourful in the net are just pretty in tanks. Every collector says it, and they are right. I think I need skylights or a somehow heated greenhouse, if I can't get my own sun to install in the ceiling. I'd better pick up a lottery ticket.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back