Baby snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Raggedwarhound

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forums, bit have a question for the experts .. I have an established tank and have not added anything (fish, plants, substrate, deco etc..) to the tank for Many months. I do have 2 golden apple snails (or Inca, mystery) and 2 rabbit snails in the tank. Today I found a very large number of baby snails that appear to be baby apple snails! But there were never any egg sacks on the lid or above the water, nor in the water. I was hoping someone here could help ID these little guys. I have also Never seen any pest snView attachment 105778View attachment 105779ails such as ramshorn or pond snails in this tank, but definitely keep them in other aquariums. One of my mystery snails has been floating for 2 weeks, but is still responsive and definitely not dead.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the forum! :hi:

I tried to see the photo, but it said, "Oops, we ran into a problem". Please try to upload the photo again. No clue about your mystery snails. What are your water parameters?

Hello and welcome to the forum. Snails float to move around, it is natural. They are able to fill their shells with air. I have seen my snails do it but not more then a few days at a time.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Snails float to move around, it is natural. They are able to fill their shells with air. I have seen my snails do it but not more then a few days at a time.
I have only observed my pond snails doing this. I have never seen my BRH or MTS snails do that.

And because of the fact that his photo won't load, we can't tell what species of snail it is. :)

I have only observed my pond snails doing this. I have never seen my BRH or MTS snails do that.

And because of the fact that his photo won't load, we can't tell what species of snail it is. :)
Pond snails are the ones I usually see do it too. I have several large ones I have left alone and not fed to my turtles.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back