Baby Pirahna In 10 Gallon

fishlover500

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Could I keep a very small red breasted pirahna in a 10 gallon for a while?

They are VERY small like just over 1cm.

How long could He stay in here?

What should his diet mostly consist of? frozen brine shrimp? Feeder guppies? Flakes?

I'd say a month, (6 weeks tops)

However its Not ideal at all really, your going to need a 75G for the piranha very soon as well as another for your red oscar

10gallon: awaiting 1 baby pirahna

15 gallon: awaiting 1 red oscar

As for feeding young piranhas I would stick to mainly bloodworm and brineshrimp with some diced prawn or similar fed sparingly to supplement this

Black worms and chopped earthworms work well too. Adult brine shrimp has practically no nutritional value so I wouldn't feed them that as a staple.

And where did you get 1 cm red bellies? The smallest I've seen them is an inch.

Ya, well I haven't gotten the oscar or the pirahna yet, I was thinking about it.

I found them at LFS. They are really cute though he can tear apart feeder guppies. (I had a baby pirahna in there for a while before)

Thanks for Advice I might not get him. I'll think about it.

Is it a red belly? Because ideally you dont want to keep it on its own. Red bellies grow to around 6" in their first year with the right care and 1-3" a year after. If however you have or are going to buy it, give it a varied diet with such foods as cod fillets etc but dont feed it guppies or any other feeder fish, the risk of introducing disease is very high and feeders such as goldfish have growth hormones which can damage a piranha's health.

Most reactions

Back