Baby Brine Shrimp and Adult Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I don’t breed in the Fall/Winter. What do you think about continuing to hatch baby brine shrimp for the adults? They love them. How often would you do it if at all?

Considering the cost and effort, I wouldn't bother. There are many other live foods that are sustainable (better), of larger volume, and greater nutrition. Consider white worms - extremely prolific and 70% protein, 15% fat.
(just a thought) :)

Thanks so much! I just have a lot of eggs left that I wanted to get rid of. Just not sure if they are too rich for the older fish. I do feed them the leftovers when I have fry. Maybe I’ll just do as a treat every now and the. Until eggs are gone. :)

Good to know. I thought they’d go bad. Thanks so much!

Brine shrimp eggs will keep forever and a day in the freezer.
True if it is a really good frost free freezer. Moisture of any kind is death to brine shrimp eggs. White worms will fizzle out if kept above 55 - 60 degrees. Try Grindal worms. But all fish love newly hatched brine shrimp. I saw Neon Tetras once gorge themselves to the point of gluttony on them. Even adult Angelfish.

True if it is a really good frost free freezer. Moisture of any kind is death to brine shrimp eggs. White worms will fizzle out if kept above 55 - 60 degrees. Try Grindal worms. But all fish love newly hatched brine shrimp. I saw Neon Tetras once gorge themselves to the point of gluttony on them. Even adult Angelfish.

Not exactly...I culture a warm temperature strain of white worms on the floor in my unheated basement - the temperature is 55F in winter, 70-75F in summer and production is much greater in the warmer temps!
20181208090539w.jpg
20190902110747w.jpg
20190902120149w.jpg

Just fed everyone shrimp and they are hunting like barracudas. Lol!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back