Average Bill Prices For Hyndburn?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

hanny93

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We are looking into moving out into a small flat in accrington soon, and we are trying to work out how much we are going to be spending on average per month.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what gas/electric/water/council tax/food etc will cost two 18/19 year olds in a small flat?

One of us works during the day and one works part time all hours.

Any ideas where we can get info on costings?

You'll be able to ring the council and ask them what the rates are for each property band, and you should be abel to ask the water company a similar question based on accomodation size and area.

Gas and leccy depend, but one of the things you should do is put any heating on a timer, use energy efficient lightbulbs and if you get electric storage heaters get an economy 7 tarriff.

As for food, when working out a budget for paying of debts, companies expect people to spend approx £25 per week per person on food. So that works out at £200 pcm, give or take. You can get better deals by buying from a butcher, using food wisely (making bulk meals and freezing them, using leftovers to make another meal), buying own brands, buying in bulk.

These things are all dependant on how much you use. We spend £20 electric per week in this house, there is 6 of us and numerous TV's, PS3's, XBOX's and WII's running constantly. I know a friend who lives with his girlfriend who spends roughly £7-£8 per week electric. Rent I cannot help with as that varies from place to place whilst food prices also vary on what you eat, where you shop ect. Wouldn't have a clue how much it costs to feed two for a week.

awesome :D thankyou, we'll ring them tomorrow, found a flat right round the corner from my work slo its perfect for me and my boyfriend can get to work quicker!

Most reactions

Back