Rob_G
New Member
Hi guys,
Had my tank 18 months now and need an auto feeder for when I go on a 2 week holiday.
I have a Juwel Trigon 190 litre tank. Can anyone please recommend a good feeder ?
The ones I've looked at on the internet don't give any clues as to how you fit them. The only one I saw in the shop you has to fix on the glass with no hood on the tank ! Are you meant to cut a hole in the tank hood or something ?
I did see one that you fix to the inside top of the hood or glass but i thought this might cause the flakes to get wet.
Thanks,
Rob
Had my tank 18 months now and need an auto feeder for when I go on a 2 week holiday.
I have a Juwel Trigon 190 litre tank. Can anyone please recommend a good feeder ?
The ones I've looked at on the internet don't give any clues as to how you fit them. The only one I saw in the shop you has to fix on the glass with no hood on the tank ! Are you meant to cut a hole in the tank hood or something ?
I did see one that you fix to the inside top of the hood or glass but i thought this might cause the flakes to get wet.
Thanks,
Rob
). it has a hole where you attatch a piece of tubing from your airpump which helps keep the food dry. & has suction cup thingys on its bottom.it can dispense 1-4 times a day for up to 14 days.( we've always set it for the 14 day ie: one meal a day option) we load it up with a mix of flake, algae & catfish tabs & tubifex cubes. it works v well but one thing i would recommend is set it up & test it before you go away. it doesn t work if you overload it & its too heavy. we learnt this the hard way when we went away for a fortnight a few years ago & came back to find 30 very miserable hungry fish. ( oh the guilt!!!!
) they survived but we were lucky! it runs on a small battery & the other times we've used it it has worked really well. you can buy it from a lot of online aquatic suppliers in the uk, i cant remember how much it was but i dont think it was too pricey.






