Automatic Fish Feeder

We had a fairly cheap automatic feeder which we found didn't work too well because the evaporation from the feeder slot in the tank got into the automatic feeder and made all the flake damp so when the wee thing opened nothing came out because it was all stuck to the inside. Since then we got a barrel feeder which was a bit more expensive but it has an in-built heater which keeps all your food nice and dry. It's a Rena Food LG 100 :)
 
I like this Auto fish feeder idea as I am on the road a lot will check out the feeders you mentioned and try them out it did not even cross my mind as the fish usually had to wait for me to get back...nice one
 
There is a connection for an air line to keep the food dry. I tried it with nthe airline going last night and the feeder was free from and dampness.

Air.jpg


Not sure about freeze dried tubifex as I have never used it. The opening varies from 3/4" down to 1/2".
If it too light then it may be possible to put gravel on top of the tubifex.

opening.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top