August 2013 - Totm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
MOF's pictures have gone missing :(

Oh.. weird. must have been a connection issue! carry on!

Sickbound I like what you've done with your tank - looks better with the sword on one side! 
yes.gif

daizeUK said:
I love the way his wood pieces appear to flow into each other as if part of the same tree.  The path steals the show but draws attention away from that lovely wood.  If the path curved to the left then there would be a perfect focal point nicely off centre inside the arch of the wood on the left.

The biggest problem I have with curving the path to flow to the left instead of being straight is the limitation that I have with placing the rocks.  The wood piece on the left is not flat and flows to the side like it looks, it actually juts out towards the right a bit and prevents me from doing too much.  I would have loved to flow over and around to make it look like it was following around a "tree" but i couldn't. 

Plus, it would have left a large amount of "open area" around the right side "stump" and i would have needed a lot more fill in area which wouldn't have been what I was after. I wanted to try and isolate the two areas to make it kind of like a forest with an open stream down the middle seperating them.

drunk.gif

SamB said:
Am a big fan of the aquascaping in this months entries so far, especially Mr.Tan's little valley in the middle.. might do some fiddling with my smaller tanks to recreate in miniature!
biggrin.png

feel free to recreate what i did! I examined LOTS of tanks on google and even some on here to get an idea of what I wanted to do... I didn't do a direct copy, but I used ideas and combined them into what I have now. :)  

Did you get your wood pieces from an LFS or online?  They work so well together.

daizeUK said:
Did you get your wood pieces from an LFS or online?  They work so well together.

I got them from my somewhat LFS (that fish place).   One of the employees who sees me over there all the time allowed me to go in the back and root through the new shipment of wood that they got in before it was put out to the public to buy.  

When i originally got them I had planned a totally different setup, but then once I got them home and after they soaked for a couple weeks I completely forgot how I wanted it and ended up doing it this way. LOL

So many stunning tanks this month, was very difficult! Good luck to all!

Where's the banter threads for September's comps?

When does the winner get announced? I noticed the voting poll has closed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back