Atomiser Not Working?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Flubberlump

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I bought one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Co2-System-Atomizer-Diffuser-Black-RWP013SBL-/160576290840?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item256317c018#ht_3077wt_808 to run in my pressurised co2 system. Set it up on Thursday and have now noticed that it's not working properly.

I can set the bubble rate fine when it first comes on, but after about 15mins it slows right down, and I can't turn it up. It seems that the atomiser can't let the co2 out fast enough to cope with the flow rate. Besides being a pain as it's not working, it's also potentially dangerous if the pressure backs up in the system.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I have cleaned the atomiser or something before putting it in? (Other than giving it a rinse.) should I just get another one? If so, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I know that Livewire has had one {two maybe} explode on him. I was planning on buying one of those and now I am nervous about it. What were you using before?

Sounds to me as there is not enough pressure (bar) to push the C02 through. What is the pressure setting??

Most reactions

Back