Arrested Development

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RandomWiktor

Rabid Betta Activist
Reaction score
Any other Arrested Development fans in the house? After watching the VERY funny 2 hour season finale - which Fox scheduled for the same bloody time as the Olympic games opening ceremonies - I was dissapointed to find the show itself has been cancelled. I hear showtime is picking it up, but fat lot of good that does me since I don't have the station. I'm really baffled as to why Fox would toss such a great show off of the air; the claim was that it was losing viewership, but maybe that was in part due to the fact that the station kept changing the days and times, and interrupting the episode order!
I've heard another issue with the show is its continuity. In short, if you didn't see the previous episode, the next one doesn't make as much sense. I kindof disagree though; you won't get as many of the side jokes and very clever humor relating to previous episodes, but I've had plenty of friends come over to watch it when they've never seen it before, and they were all cracking up.
Ah well. Now that its on Showtime, I'll just have to buy the seasons as they come out...

I love that show!

i have been missing the episodes for a while so i dont really know whats going on

i didnt know it was canceled though

I enjoyed a few eps, and I'll get the rest from a friend. Wouldn't consider myself a big fan, but, seeing Family Guy back on, maybe Arerested Development will be brought back?

Fox gave it a fair chance, it just didn't get the ratings though. Three years for a show that got pretty poor ratings is rather generous.

Anyway, it's a GREAT show, and I'll probably end up getting Showtime just for that one show. Wish HBO had picked it up since I already get that, but it's good enough to justify the cost :)

I'm a huge AD fan, and I can't wait until season 3 comes out on DVD (supposedly June)

It's a huge disappointment that FOX cancelled but not a shock, look at what they did to Family Guy. It's like they just don't know how to deal with a good thing unless it's The Simpson's....which should probably be cancelled or wrapped up soon.

Anyway, back to AD, best show EVER! If Showtime picks it up, I'm there in a heartbeat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back