Armoured Shrimp - Missing !

Ed_and_Mel

Reaction score
Hi

We yesterday bought an armoured shrimp, and today cannot find it anywhere in the tank. It's not behind anything, and the gravel isn't very deep. Can they climb up the air pipe and out of the tank?!?

Thanks,

Hi

We yesterday bought an armoured shrimp, and today cannot find it anywhere in the tank. It's not behind anything, and the gravel isn't very deep. Can they climb up the air pipe and out of the tank?!?

Thanks,
yip good climbers,yours must have gone to join pippoodles lol she lost hers last night

Armoured shrimp can climb! I lost one that squeezed through the tiniest of gaps on my tank! check behind the tank and tape up all small gaps if you find him and decide to try again. :unsure:

Armoured shrimp can climb! I lost one that squeezed through the tiniest of gaps on my tank! check behind the tank and tape up all small gaps if you find him and decide to try again. :unsure:

Thanks. How long can they last outside of the tank? We have hunted all around the room and cannot find him anywhere !!

I doubt they will survive for long out of the water.

I rarely see my GAFS, they can be good hiders... how big is the tank and what are the tankmates? I wouldn't be surprised if it is still in the tank and you just cant find it unless it has been eaten.

I doubt they will survive for long out of the water.

I rarely see my GAFS, they can be good hiders... how big is the tank and what are the tankmates? I wouldn't be surprised if it is still in the tank and you just cant find it unless it has been eaten.

It is a 60 litre tank, but have just done a half water change and poked around everything and it defintely isn't in there, but no body nearby either. A real mystery.

In the tank are

Neon Tetras
Zebra Tail Tetras
Lamp Eyes
1 x Siamese Fighter
Dwarf Chain Loach

Unless you have cats, the lack of a body is a good sign!

One of my armoured shrimp had the habit of climbing right up inside one of my easter island figure head ornaments alot of the time suring daylight. It could be that your shrimp is just hiding in a really good spot that you can't find. Fingers crossed you locate it safe and well :D

Most reactions

Back