Argh My Tank Does Not Like Me

moll

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NE England
My hubby did a water test last night and there was a small amount of ammonia, we discovered that our son had fed the fish, so he did a water change and asked me to test again in the morning. So I tested a little ammonia so decided to do another change drew out the water filled the bucket added safe water and filled the tank but everywhere the water has touched my skin I'm bright red. :unsure:

It looks like there is something in the water that is driving me mad, oh well at least I only do odd water changes as he looks after the tank but it explains why my hands were itchy last month when I was feeding our pleco cucumber
 
maybe be the dechlorinator your using :) perhaps try another brand.
 
Sounds like you could be allergic to the dechlorinator your using
 
could well be. can't give you any medical advise, but for the tank i'd do a large water change (with rubber gloves on obviously!) asap in case there is some contaminent in the water. if it's no good for you who knows what harm it could do your fish. I'd do something like a 90% change just in case.
 
could well be. can't give you any medical advise, but for the tank i'd do a large water change (with rubber gloves on obviously!) asap in case there is some contaminent in the water. if it's no good for you who knows what harm it could do your fish. I'd do something like a 90% change just in case.


Hi thanks it looks like it's just myt exema I had as a child and my husband is fine I've done tests and tank is back to normal, my 3 year old son decided the fish needed food and was being helpful normaly he sak if he can feed the fish but yesterday he just did it.
 
kids, i went upstairs last night to find my 4 yr old, sucking on the syphon pipe, thankfully he dosent have a wide enough arm span to be able to get it in the tank and the bucket at the same time, or enuff suck, my baby platys are in there :hyper:
probably my fault as i do encourage him to help me when im doing water changes,and untill recently had his own tank, that he used to do the work on, my 6 yr old daughter tells me she wants to be a " fish tanker" when shes big like me. :lol:

huh!!! i dont look like this
P6290099Small.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top