Are Sea Monkeys Brine Shrimp?

nudzy

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
herts
You probably think this is the most stupid question but ......

Are sea monkeys brine shrimp, and can you feed them to your fish. :huh:

I thought that they were little pet things for kids that are kept in those funny little tanks, my daughter had them when she was small.

A girl at work has them and she says that she feeds them to her fish and they love them!

Anyone tell us who is right???? or is she just winding me up lol
 
You probably think this is the most stupid question but ......

Are sea monkeys brine shrimp, and can you feed them to your fish. :huh:

I thought that they were little pet things for kids that are kept in those funny little tanks, my daughter had them when she was small.

A girl at work has them and she says that she feeds them to her fish and they love them!

Anyone tell us who is right???? or is she just winding me up lol


Yep shes right, Sea moneys are brine shrimp. And yes they can be fed to fish, ideal for small fry, because brine shrimp are small, but hey still a nice treat for any fish :)
 
omg how stupid do I feel now :blush:

I thought sea monkeys were a seperate creature :lol:

how funny maybe ill get some and try them on my fish, and I have fry at the mo.

Thought she was teasing me as we were working nights last week and hit that silly tired time at stupid o clock!!!!!
 
oh dont feel silly, when 5teady told me to go and buy some, i was expecting to come home with a bag of things with legs.. not a bottle :lol:
 
Where can you buy them to hatch yourself, without having to buy a sea monkey tank thingy? I was just thinking about this the other day :P
 
Yea my LFS has Brine shrimp eggs... Can I get them and put em in my tank for my tetras and guppies to eat? Will they grow big enough?
 
Yea my LFS has Brine shrimp eggs... Can I get them and put em in my tank for my tetras and guppies to eat? Will they grow big enough?
Yes your guppies and tetras will eat them but if you want them to grow big i would put them in a small tank and feed them tell they are big enough.
 
Yea my LFS has Brine shrimp eggs... Can I get them and put em in my tank for my tetras and guppies to eat? Will they grow big enough?
Yes your guppies and tetras will eat them but if you want them to grow big i would put them in a small tank and feed them tell they are big enough.

Oh cool!! What do I feed them?


it can be abit tedious raising brineshrimp and in my opinion not really worth it. as they are not that nutritios as adults.

ur probably better feeding baby brine shrimp to fry if needed

and frozen brineshrimp to tetras etc along with frozen bloodworm etc etc if ya want there are lots of frozen foods out there and most fish will readily take them :good:
 
Yea my LFS has Brine shrimp eggs... Can I get them and put em in my tank for my tetras and guppies to eat? Will they grow big enough?


Just hatch them in a 2 liter bottlle.

See Big-C (think thats the mods name) he knows a lot about this, he gave me a lot of info that helped me to sucessfully do it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top