Are My Shrimp Safe?

howard2345

New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well, I have recently started noseying on this forum and I noticed a couple of people talking about shrimps turning into fish food.

I think my shrimp are ghost shrimp, although they could be amano.

In my 350 litre tanks I have:

Some kind of plec, I thought it was a common one but it doesnt have spots, its has 3 brown stripes each about an inch long. Its probably about 8-10cm
A tiny chocolate catfish
3 botia loaches
2 ghost shrimp
1 mountain shrimp
5 silver dollars, 3 big ones
some mollies
some guppies
1 clown loach
2 silver gouramis
some kind of sucking loach, its white
2 ottos
silver shark
there are some mollie looking things with a long tail
Also some other mollie looking things which look like they have some serious gas.
hhmmm im struggling now, I think thats it.

Sorry I have recently taken over the tank, Im not sure what everything is.

The floor is mostly logs and plants. There is a big urn in there too so I thnk that classes as lots of hiding space. Although if they are under threat I can just take them to my mate who works in a pet shop who sells them.

Thanks in advance!
 
I would have thought the loaches would have picked off the shrimp, or they will in the future. The bigger shrimp might be ok for now, but when the loaches grow its more likely to occurs (especially just after a moult).
 
Ghost shrimp are probably goners. They may not get eaten right away. They may not get eaten for two weeks. It is somewhat of an inevitability that it will happen though.
 
Thanks for the replies.

I can't believe they didnt let me know at Pets at Home.

I've rescued them now.

Is the Mountain Shrimp safe then?
 
Thanks for the replies.

I can't believe they didnt let me know at Pets at Home.

I've rescued them now.

Is the Mountain Shrimp safe then?
Never rely on the people at fish shops. In many cases they don't have a clue what they are talking about. One fish shop I went to told me that I could put in a siamese fighting fish with guppies and dwarf gouramis. The SFF would have flared at them loads, if not actually attacked them. Pets at home wouldn't let me buy any more than 3 tiger barbs at one time because "you are supposed to introduce fish slowly". Yeah, well done Pets at home, I guess you don't know much about tiger barbs then...

I always research fish on the internet before buying them. I didn't do it one time, and bought chinese algae eaters, and it was a big mistake.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top