Are Homegrown Fish Healthier?

Hawkins

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,340
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United Kingdom
My first batch of guppy fry are nearing 3 months now, and I am surprised to have not seen one die.
I was just wondering if they grow up to be healthier.


:)
 
That would depend on how you keep your fish versus how they are kept starting with the breeder and moving on to the supplier and then your LFS.
 
If you do frequent water changes, keep them in a good sized tank, constant temperature, no bullies, good feeding, then yes. If you cram alot of babies in one tank, dont use a heater ect. probably not.
 
Same question I've been wondering.

I think they do, depends how they've been grown. (matured tank, with good space / no bullying/nipping, proper feeding.)

I got two little neon swordtail fry's, in a 10g tank with 1-2" crayfish. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top