Are Angelfish Ok Kept On Their Own?

Bobtastic

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
742
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester, UK
Hi all,

As the title says, are Angelfish ok kept on their own in a community tank?

I have a tank with 4 Angels but one is looking a little out of sorts so I thought about moving it into my other community tank to see if he does better in there.

Any thoughts?
 
whats a community tank got to do with it then if there are only angel fish in there.. im lost... what size is the tank anyway, they will need a large one and tall
 
As in without other Angels. The Angel is quite small atm so I'm not concerned about the size of the tank. Just conscious that the angel isn't behaving the same as the other 3 Angels in the same tank.
 
is he being bullied, they can be nasty buggas, if so try taking them all out rearranging the tank then put the bullied one back in first, if thats not poss i would be tempted to rehome him,sorry probably not what you want to hear, but its nicer than him living a life of fear and it will be as they are relentless.
 
I have a community tank with a koi angel, doing very well indeed without others and gets on fine with the other fish.
 
:lol:

i swear i read that!!! sorry i have got the situation totally wrong.. wandering mind syndrome :D
yes as Amerce says he will be fine in there
and sorry :)
 
Ideally angels need a tank that's 50 + cm's deep. if your angel is being bullied by the others then he/she will be happier in your 110 litre tank. You may find that when he/she gets bigger and more confident you could put back in with the others.
 
Yeah, I understand that they need deep tanks and that 110l isn't the best depth for a full grown Angel but like shelahfishface said they can be nasty buggers and I'm sure that it's probably being bullied by at least one of the others.

Ok, so I'll move it over to the other tank and see how it does and when it get bigger I'll move it back.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top