Aquarium Tips

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I thought this might be a helpful thread to start...a place where we can post various tips about taking care of aquariums and what not. I think "helpful tips" instead of "general knowledge" (i.e. partial water changes, or stocking guidelines) would be quite helpful.

Here are some of mine:

:hyper: To make sure bottom dwellers get food, take some frozen, freeze dried, or even flakes and add them to a cup of regular tank water. Then use a turkey baster to suck the food up and squirt it down to the bottom dwellers (especially helpful for large and/or tall tanks).

:whistle: Broken up and whole terra cotta pots make great decorations and provide lots of hiding places. I would use new pots, and make sure to smooth any rough edges of the broken pieces. These look a little more natural to me than many of the pre-fab decorations.

;) Try foods like seaweed, krill, squid, etc for your fish. My freshwater fish love the seaweed and krill. I would have never considered these foods, until I was reading about saltwater fish. But to be on the safe side, try and find out if your particular fish would suffer any consequences from feeding these "delicacies".

If your just sitting and enjoying your tank, do an "out of the blue water change" few minutes and fish will love you for it!

Most reactions

Back