Aquarium Store Tomorrow

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Picking up some new fish!

I have:
10 Gallon
-9 Cardinal Tetras

29 Gallon
-3 swordtails
-4 Harlequin Rasboras
-1 CAE (Will be gone, so pretend hes not there)

Im thinking of adding 3 ottos to the 10 Gallon and 5 to the 29 Gallon. Also, some cherry barbs to the 29. How many? Sound good?
What else can I add to each?

Thanks
 
With the ottos in the 10g, you'd be about done IMO.

Cherry barbs are a good choice. I'd mebe go 2 male and 4 female to give a goos shoal :good: Other tetras, danios and corries are also good communal fish that won't get too large and will generally get along well with other tank mates :nod:

I'd look at corries personally for the 29g, just to get some life on the bottom

HTH
Rabbut

EDIT to add, I'd advise leaving the fish additions lists as they are for the time being (ottos and 6 cherry barbs). If you more than double your numbers in a week, you are asking for trouble, as you could overload the filter :/
 
Will the ottos really do much to clean the algae off plants and such? My CAE kept my 10 gallon spotless even when he was only 2 inches. Now I took him out to put in my 29, the 10 gallon immediately grew a ton of algae. If not ottos, are there other fish that will help prevent all this algae growth? I would keep hte CAE, but he tosses stones all over the place.

Also, what ratio of cherry barbs should i get? I would like more males, because of the better color, but I also dont want more aggression than is needed. I also think it would be cool to see some eggs. Although they most likely wont make it.
 
The CAE will clean the tank untill he gets to 4 inches, then he will clean it out :crazy: he needs to go to a species only tank realy :nod:

Ottos are great munchers, so I'd stick with them. The next smallest algea eater would be the bristlenose pleco, but IMO these get too big for a 10g :nod:

You either want all males with cherry barbs, or two females to each male, or the males will horasse the females :nod:

HTH
Rabbut
 
ok, thanks rabbut. I called the store, and they said they would take the CAE off my hands, so now Im going to (attempt to) catch him, then bring him in and get the new fish. Thanks again.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top