Aquarium, Marina Style

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aleksandar

Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm new and i fell in love with fishes and aquariums 1-2 months ago.
At this point i have 5 liter tank (with Betta), and i want to buy 60 liters tank (i know bigger is better but i this point 60 liters is ok, i dont have space for bigger one),
My problem is that i don't know should i buy the aquarium, filters, heaters etc. separate or to buy 60 liter Marina Style. 
I dont know what kind of filters, how many watts heater (i read 1 watt per gallon, but then in shops they tell me that it is not like that, so i'm confused)   etc to look for, and i dont know if the equipment in Marina Style is ok.
So please advise what to do and what equipment specifications should i look for if i buy them separetly.
As long as my Betta lives i wont put live plants inside, i wont make ammonia cycle untill my fish is live, i will do that after...

Thanks for your answers

P.S. If someone is from Skopje, Macedonia please advise where are the best aquarium shops :)

I have a marina style tank, every thing that comes with it is good except for the filter. You would really need to change it for something much better.

In your case, I would suggest getting a tank complete with all the necessary parts is best. Most, however, won't come with a heater, as you may want a coldwater set-up. You will want a 100w heater for a 60l tank. (It's a watt per litre, not per gallon).

Have a read of the Beginners Resource Section, particularly the article about the Nitrogen Cycle - hopefully it will help you understand a bit more about this side of the hobby,

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back