Aquarium Light Question

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi guys i had a question about wattage. I have a Miracles aquarium 25gal and i took both light bulbs out (they for some reason turned black) and i put a 100watt single 1 bulb in. It says to only put 25watts, which means it will be 50watts in total with 2 25 bulbs. Anyhow will this single 100watt be okay or should i take it out??

thank you.

Hi guys i had a question about wattage. I have a Miracles aquarium 25gal and i took both light bulbs out (they for some reason turned black) and i put a 100watt single 1 bulb in. It says to only put 25watts, which means it will be 50watts in total with 2 25 bulbs. Anyhow will this single 100watt be okay or should i take it out??

thank you.

Not ok. If it says 25 watt bulbs then the balast is not designed to handle 100 watts. Eventually the balast will get too hot and catch fire or explode the bulb.

you were right. 15minutes after i installed it, the top plastic part melted down, lucky i was quick enough to unplug and take it out PHEW! i'am however still able to put another bulb in so i will be buying 2 25 watt bulbs hehe. me and my stupidity. thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back