Aquarium Change?

tehauthority

New Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Currently have a 30g, with 2 Oscars, a "SNOWFLAKE EEL" and a Pleco, currently the oscars are very young and will be moved out when they grow. However I will be buying 2 Peacock Spiny Eels, from a local store to add with the snowflake I currently have. I'm considering changing over from gravel to the new Tahitian Moon Sand,,, I was just wondering on some opinions if anyone had it or not.... And how it looks and stays clean.. Also how hard is it to change over and manage.
 
Currently have a 30g, with 2 Oscars, a "SNOWFLAKE EEL" and a Pleco, currently the oscars are very young and will be moved out when they grow. However I will be buying 2 Peacock Spiny Eels, from a local store to add with the snowflake I currently have. I'm considering changing over from gravel to the new Tahitian Moon Sand,,, I was just wondering on some opinions if anyone had it or not.... And how it looks and stays clean.. Also how hard is it to change over and manage.

Sand is a must for peacock eels i beleive, because they like to bury themselves...although i think three eels is pretty crowded for a 30 gallon, and snowflake eels are brackish right, while peacock eels are fully freshwater.

If its aquarium sand it should be fine. Make sure you shut off you filter when you change, or floating sand before it all settles will tear up your motor.
 
Currently have a 30g, with 2 Oscars, a "SNOWFLAKE EEL" and a Pleco, currently the oscars are very young and will be moved out when they grow. However I will be buying 2 Peacock Spiny Eels, from a local store to add with the snowflake I currently have. I'm considering changing over from gravel to the new Tahitian Moon Sand,,, I was just wondering on some opinions if anyone had it or not.... And how it looks and stays clean.. Also how hard is it to change over and manage.

I am actually going to be switching to sand myself - well mostly sand as I still want a little section to be gravel. This is what mine looks like now:
2291916235_35d121a438.jpg


My opinion is that the sand is much easier to clean. Food and debris settles too much in gravel.

I was told to take out about 30% of the water and after soaking the sand in a bucket (stirring it until the water is clear and taking anything that floats out), putting it in. Here is the link to my post for some more information from the sources themselves:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry1932579
 
i like the current setup u have although all sand would be pretty sweet,,, i think im going to do all tahitian moon when i get the time and money.... hopefully the fish like it, i know the spiny will im just worried about the snowflake.... oscars i think could care one way or the other
 
i like the current setup u have although all sand would be pretty sweet,,, i think im going to do all tahitian moon when i get the time and money.... hopefully the fish like it, i know the spiny will im just worried about the snowflake.... oscars i think could care one way or the other

Thanks, I really like the look of it also. I am going to try to keep a little side of it the gravel to still get this look, but have the majority of it sand.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top