Aquari-sol And Ich (ick)

ny2oz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's the story. I've been using Aquari-sol for years as a weekly preventative. I've always had a healthy tank. But, I got 3 cherry Barbs from wonderful Petco (where their bettas are always half dying), and brought them back in my new 36 gallon setup (I cycled properly...transering from a 12 gallon). Next day 1 barb was dead, the other two had ich. I returned all 3, and, a couple of days later one of my Bosemani Rainbows had a tiny bit of Ich. I used a half does of the crap tablets you find in Wal-Mart for Ich, and actually made it go away. So its been a week or so now, and one of my Neons has Ich bad, and 3 or 4 other fish are showing light signs of Ich. SO, I followed directions on Aquari-sol, last night, since it says it can be used as a preventative and a treatment. It says remove carbon filter, turn temp up to 85, and put in 12 drops per 10 gallons, and repeat every 24 hours til gone, and then wait 24 hours before replacing carbon filter. This morning I checked, same story, nothing more, nothing less.

ANyone had any experience with Aquari-sol working...or not working? If so, or, if not...what is the next best thing that is easy to find? I live in NJ, USA.

Most reactions

Back