Aquaponics! What have people done?

My gf once got me a spider plant as a gift. I killed it by overwatering it. So I don't understand how they survive with their roots submerged in water.

I've noticed a few plants that die in wet soil thriving in bare root set ups. I think it's root rot that does it. In flowing water, the roots are modified but healthy.

I had a monstera roots in my 120, by and 8 foot long window, one of those 2 foot high lower level of the house types. It looped around 3 times, and I would say was around 20 feet long. I lost it as a result of moving here, but it was beautiful. Huge leaves.

Does anyone here know the scientific name or trade name of a large leaf vining Monstera? The ones I have now don't vine, and I miss my old green friend.

You may be thinking of monstera deliciosa. It naturally grows in a vine, although it is often sold pruned away from a vine-like state. I have one and it's big beautiful vine.
I've noticed a few plants that die in wet soil thriving in bare root set ups. I think it's root rot that does it. In flowing water, the roots are modified but healthy.

I had a monstera roots in my 120, by and 8 foot long window, one of those 2 foot high lower level of the house types. It looped around 3 times, and I would say was around 20 feet long. I lost it as a result of moving here, but it was beautiful. Huge leaves.

Does anyone here know the scientific name or trade name of a large leaf vining Monstera? The ones I have now don't vine, and I miss my old green friend.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 2.36.02 PM.png

You see here what I mean-what it is sold as versus how it grows when it's left alone. Obviously, pruning it keeps it from being SO crazy, but it will crawl.

Most reactions

Back