Aquaone! Aquaone! Aquaone!

I have an aquaone tank. It is about 20g (uk) It has the filtration system in the lights and i think it is the 620 or something. i cant remember and can't check as im at work.

To be honest in my opinion i find that the filter design is not the greatest. I find it a skutter (good scottish word!!)to clean. I also find that it clogs very easily and yes i do clean it out often.

I love the look of the tank and it does do the job. I have had to send one tank back for leaking within a year (may have been caused by cat claws though but i doubt it) but the company supplied another with no questions asked.

I don't know if i would buy another one though!! i did look at the large UFO ( i think thats what its called) corner unit but have decided to buy a jewel corner unit when i get the money!

I would rate it about a 6/10. My fish and plants seem to like it so its not all bad!!

(Good topic!!)

I've got an aqua one hang on filter for my 5 gallon and it works beautifully the water is always crystal clear and have never had a problem with that tank.

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE + AND - 'S BUT ON THE WHOLE MOST OWNERS LIKE EM. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO RECOMMEND THE 850 PROVIDING YOU TWEAK THE FILTER MEDIA AND PUT THOSE STICKY PADS ON THE CABINET DOORS TO STOP THEM BANGING. THEY LOOK GREAT, WORK WELL AND PROVIDING YOU TRY IT ON YOU SHOULD GET ONE AT A GOOD PRICE (OR CHANGE LFS). OF COURSE THE JUWEL TANKS ARE SUPERB BUT I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE FILTER BEING IN THE HOOD AND NOT IN THE TANK BUT DON'T WANT TO DO TOTAL EXTERNAL. EACH TO OUR OWN! :thumbs:

My aqua one CF1200 cannister filter is silent once it's primed. The only time it's noisy is if some air gets trapped. As for the taps, they unscrew from the filter, just turn them off then unscrew the taps leaving the pipes sealed and no mess. :)

THANKS Just had a closer look and yes there is something under the taps. Damn! I have been making a huge mess each time I clean the filter I'm sooo stupid! I have had to get my husband to help me each time so now do I tell him all that struggle was for nothing or just do by myself from now on and say no more about it?
DD

I have a Juwel 125 Rio, 2 x Aqua 1 500 and an Aqua 1 320. My grumble is the nasty hoods. Having said that the Regal range of aqua 1 tanks are amazing :)

Ok i know this is an old thread but i am a happy new aquaone 620 t owner 130ltr
I disconnected the powerhead and linked a fluval 205 filter into the trickle filter of the aquaone so it goes through double filtering
i've also got a stingray 10 running inside it at the moment

i have 7 HB limias , 9 WC minnows , a lyretail swordtail and a nomal swordtail and 3 apple snails in there
i'm getting 15 brigitte raspboras and 10 habrosus corys to go in there with maybe some galaxy rasboras

Thanks Sarah xxx

Hey Sarah,
No problem at all in resurrecting an old thread, especially for a good cause :)
As for myself, I have recently bought the Regency 120 300L, which has no fish in it at the moment as it's currently undergoing a fishless cycle :)
On the whole quite impressed with it, although I'm keeping a close eye on the lid at the moment as the 'flaps' seem to be distorting a bit, (curving up at the ends).
In comes with the Aquis 1200 filter, but I think that is only going to give me 2x turnover per hour, so may look into either supplementing or replacing it later on :)

2008-10-2301CycleStarting.jpg

Hey Sarah,
No problem at all in resurrecting an old thread, especially for a good cause :)
As for myself, I have recently bought the Regency 120 300L, which has no fish in it at the moment as it's currently undergoing a fishless cycle :)
On the whole quite impressed with it, although I'm keeping a close eye on the lid at the moment as the 'flaps' seem to be distorting a bit, (curving up at the ends).
In comes with the Aquis 1200 filter, but I think that is only going to give me 2x turnover per hour, so may look into either supplementing or replacing it later on :)

2008-10-2301CycleStarting.jpg

WOW!! nice tank you have there , i always up the filtering lol am looking for a fluval 205 or 305 to go on the rio 180 with the juwel filter so i can remove the stingray and have 1300lph filtering .
i'll have to wait 3 more years before i can have either a large tank or an extra one cos that's when the council says we can move again
Then i would love a 300ltr one like that
nice layout aswell can't wait to see it with the fish in .

Take care

Sarah xx

Ive just bought a three month old immaculate 620T off Ebay - £50 - couldn't believe my luck! i just need to get a cabinet now, anyone know the cheapest place to get a 620 cabinet?

Sean

:) Thanks Sarah, if you are interested my cycle log and photos so far are linked in my signature (blue writting) :good:
I've got some bogwood to put in it, and a background to put on there too, so will probably upload some more photos when thats done :)

I have an Aqua One Evo 100 190L which I'm very pleased with :)

Two very minor niggles though - the hood panels are not condensation resistant despite their claim that they are (though how they could be is a bit hard to believe anyway :lol:) and one of the doors has had to have its screws tightened a couple of times as they became loose and the door dragged a little. Though this may be because the people in the shop put it together quickly (I got a brilliant reduced to clear deal and the cabinet was already assembled).

I'd have no hesitation getting another Aqua One, beautiful tanks :D

I have an Aqua One Horizon 60 (70 litre).

The tank itself is fine and quite pleasing on the eye. The HOB filter isn't really up to much to be honest, and the lights (luminaire) are ok, but very cheaply made.

I guess my conclusion is that the tank is fine, but i'd steer away from the equipment if i could choose again.

Cheers :good:

BTT

Most reactions

Back