Aquanano Set Up Help!

JimmyMature

Reaction score
Hi all, purchased my AquaNano 40 this afternoon.

I'm a little confused as to the correct location/ position of the pump. Can someone post a picture of the back of their Nano so I can see how everything should be positioned.

Many thanks in advance,

Jim

Does this look right? I'd expected the outlet pipe to go directly through the little hole into the main part of the tank?

pumpk.jpg

I can't get to the back of mine to take a pic, but, yes, it is supposed to go through the hole.

I can't get to the back of mine to take a pic, but, yes, it is supposed to go through the hole.

Sorted! There is a green extension tube that comes out of the pump up and out of the hole. The pump itself is supposed to lie on the bottom of the tank.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

I'm sure the spout of the pump clips into the hole somehow :/

What does that outlet do? i use the spray bar outlet on mine to agitate the surface

I use the bar on mine too, it's all sorted now.

Although, I have connected the air line to the pump to use the venturi but it pumps out air!

What could I be doing wrong?

Jim

The venturi is supposed to pump out air, that's what they're for. Just disconnect it, if you don't like it.

Oh! no, sorry, I never used it on mine, and it's not set up at the moment, so I can't really play with it :/

Oh! no, sorry, I never used it on mine, and it's not set up at the moment, so I can't really play with it
confused.gif

No problem, my fault for giving the wrong info in the first place.

Do you think it's needed to oxygenate the water? I have live plants in there now.

Jim

Although your picture isn't very clear, methinks the problem you have is this.

You have a regulator valve connected to a piece of tubing which in turn is connected to the outlet of your pump.
The idea is that the water flow from the outlet draws air in through the tube giving bubbles in the water which, when they they explode on the surface, give you the gas exchange to oygenate the water.

Part of your tube and valve are BELOW the level of the outlet AND the pump itself. Raise the tubing and valve so they are ABOVE the pump/filter and see if your water problem is resolved. At the moment you appear to have a syphoning effect which is drawing water out of the tank rather than drawing air in.

Regards

David

I don't think you need it; you get a good amount of surface disturbance just from the powerhead.

Although your picture isn't very clear, methinks the problem you have is this.

You have a regulator valve connected to a piece of tubing which in turn is connected to the outlet of your pump.
The idea is that the water flow from the outlet draws air in through the tube giving bubbles in the water which, when they they explode on the surface, give you the gas exchange to oygenate the water.

Part of your tube and valve are BELOW the level of the outlet AND the pump itself. Raise the tubing and valve so they are ABOVE the pump/filter and see if your water problem is resolved. At the moment you appear to have a syphoning effect which is drawing water out of the tank rather than drawing air in.

Regards

David

Here is the picture with the pump placed where it should be with the correct connections on (as per the attached diagram) Although interestingly in the 'amendment instructions there isn't a picture of the venturi! Maybe this doesnt work due to the placement of the pump!

photohg.jpg

photo2vfx.jpg

Hi there, can anyone tell me why water is coming out of the airline of the Venturi please? You can see in the above picture that the white tube should be the airline but is pumping out water instead of sucking in air!!

Cheers,

Jim

Most reactions

Back