🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Allen

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone here use these powerheads ?

5f_2.JPG

The problem Im having is they keep sucking my clownfish into the intakes overnight and I find them dead in the morning stuck to the powehead.

Anyone have any suggestions how to stop this ?

New powerheads usually come with a kind of push fit strainer like in this picture

See here

I've got Hagen powerheads and I'm sure mine did.

Failing that, you could always get the filter attachment below and even if you don't want to use the cannister (you could use it for a bag of Rowaphos, for instance?) you can detach the top part which would still give you a kind of grid/cover which would stop your fish being 'blended'.

filter add on

they keep sucking my clownfish into the intakes overnight and I find them dead in the morning

Are you saying this happened more than once?

4 times now - but im unsure wether they are dead before they get sucked in.

the new aquaclear 50 are a lot bigger than that one in the link and have no intake "strainer"

I wanna get these modified with some kind of guard so I can at least know that im doing my bit to protect them and find out if they are weak fish im buying that are just "dying"

Well, new powerheads are cheap online, and perhaps its just easier to order a plain old new maxijet than try and bodge together an inlet strainer for what you have. Just food for thought

anyone got a link to online supplier ? (lazy I know, but these bloody price match/comparison websites do my swede in)

i had a problem like that on my tropical, i fitted fluval intake baskets to mine, real tight fit but did the job, good luck. :good:

anyone got a link to online supplier ? (lazy I know, but these bloody price match/comparison websites do my swede in)

Put tunze nanostream 6025 in google, you'll get some.

They are out of stock at the moment at most places though as they are still fairly new.

Yeah, the Tunze is a far better chocie longterm. If you can't get one (due to lack of availablity) and want to test your theory that your inlet is too strong on your current pump, maxis are cheap (at least here in the states they are)

Do these tunze nanostream 6025 attach to the sides of the tank using magnets ?

They look superb and at £40 each - I think they are "affordable".

I just hope they are quiet, these aquaclear ones buzz their nuts off.

Do these tunze nanostream 6025 attach to the sides of the tank using magnets ?

They look superb and at £40 each - I think they are "affordable".

Correct, they are fairly small and very efficient(7W) and attach with a magnet, a very very strong magnet! Be careful if you do get one as the two sides of the magnet slam together very hard and from some distance.

As I say, they are a bit ellusive at the moment though.

Yeah, exceptional piece of hardware. Quiet, efficient, magnetically held, and durable.

Most reactions

Back