Aquaclear 20 filter for a 20 gallon long tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dj925

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have two ten gallons running with aquaclear 20 filters on them. I'm just wondering if a aquaclear 20 filter would be enough filtration for a 20 gallon long?

I'm planing on stocking it with 12 Glowlight Tetras. I have 10 (5 in each ten gallon right now) and they have very low bioload.

Yes, the Aquaclear 20 is sufficient for a 20g long, with the fish species mentioned.

I would normally say that you need at least a 30 but that stocking is small enough with low bioload. I think the 20 will handle it. Just watch it for awhile. Good luck!

Are you keeping your stocking that low? If you have plans to add more fish, I would increase your filtration to accommodate accordingly.

I use an aquaclear 50 on my 20 high, along with ugf with powerhead, but I'm sure I'm way overfiltering. I do have pea puffers with a gourami and guppies though, and puffers are messy!

I believe an Aquaclear 20 is rated for up to 20 gallons, and it runs at 100gph, which is 5x tank cycle per hour, so as long as you dont overfeed, don't go over 100% and keep up on regular W/C it should be sufficient.

Plants also play a role as well, and you didnt mention whether it is planted or not. Usually there isn't a one size fits all answer. I prefer 10× tank cycles per hour, but everyone has their own outlooks. If your fish are happy and healthy, then you are doing a good job! :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back