Aqua Plus

laze

Reaction score
I use half a capful of Aqua Plus to condition 2 1/2 gallons of tank water at a time before adding it to the betta tank (a ten gallon tank). I have a simple question, though, that I can't seem to find the answer to (including on the label): how long should I let the water sit after pouring in the Aqua Plus before adding it to the tank? I asked the guy at our pet store and his answer was "some people say you can add the water immediately, some people say 20 minutes, some people say a day." Not much help. :)

laze said:
I use half a capful of Aqua Plus to condition 2 1/2 gallons of tank water at a time before adding it to the betta tank (a ten gallon tank). I have a simple question, though, that I can't seem to find the answer to (including on the label): how long should I let the water sit after pouring in the Aqua Plus before adding it to the tank? I asked the guy at our pet store and his answer was "some people say you can add the water immediately, some people say 20 minutes, some people say a day." Not much help. :)
i probably won't be much help but we use aqua plus as well, only we always let our water age for at least three days before we actually use it. in fact, by leaving our water in the "holding" tank for that long we probably don't even need to use aqua plus to treat chlorine except that it has "pure herbal extracts" that coat their scales with a protective slime and reduces stress. having said all that i have in the past pretty much used it right away on one or two occasions when i needed to fill up a tank.

ummm its normally a quick process... i've never had any problems putting it in and filling the bucket - then adding to the tank...

Thanks for the prompt replies. Generally we wait a day before adding the water (to also allow the temperature to regulate a little bit), but it's nice to know that if we need to add some within a few hours, that's OK, also.

Most reactions

Back