Aqua One Powerhead Noisy/vibrates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
just filled my aquagrande 120 tank up today for the first time and what are releaf the old floorboards hold the up 500kg beast!! still had to go under the house and put a bottle jack up under the joist couse the tank started to sag the floorboards on one side and go out of level, anyhow i was eager to try the powerhead out and yes it does viabrtate and make a sh it load of noise so 2hrs later its now in the bin and been replaced with a new eheim compact plus 2000, this wet dry powerhead is a work of art and has an adjustable outflow of 1000-2000 ltrs/hr i'll post some pics of the new tank set up soon after the water clears from the flourite
happy fishkeeping

Hey guys - great thread! I found it because the noisy powerhead on my 12 month old AquaGrande 120 is starting to drive me up the wall. I can hear at night when I'm trying to sleep. I was considering buying a replacement Aqua One powerhead, but I'm not going to bother now.

Tbone83: I'd be interested to see pics of your Eheim pump config. I want to keep the overhead filter, but need a new powerhead/pump.

Cheers,

Walker

I was considering buying a replacement Aqua One powerhead, but I'm not going to bother now.
Tbone83: I'd be interested to see pics of your Eheim pump config. I want to keep the overhead filter, but need a new powerhead/pump.

Definatley don't bother paying for this garbage. The crappy plastic bottom that holds the impellor in, started lifting off on mine. This made it even noisier. I managed to get it replaced under warranty but the new one is still noisy. I would also be interested to see pics of how you set it up with the Eheim.

Hi Thommo

I have an Aqua Style 850 and also had probs with noise.

This is what I did - it may help (might not!) Made sure that the power head was centrally aligned so that it didn't touch the plastic filter housing, put a small amount of polywool under where the spray bar touches the filter housing, filled the tank pretty much to the brim, covered the whole spray bar with a thin coating of polywool and filled the outlet with a coarse filter block (thanks Dorsey for that one)

After all that the header motor packed up! Turned out it was knackered which had been causing it to vibrate - got it changed for nowt at the fish shop.

It's now running pretty silently save for the occasional bubble.

Hope that helps

Well stoneage, Thommo is still logging in but may not look over here at his old January thread. As for me, I went with a koralia nano and I'm glad I went with the smaller as its more than enough extra flow in the tank. --wd--

Well stoneage, Thommo is still logging in but may not look over here at his old January thread. As for me, I went with a koralia nano and I'm glad I went with the smaller as its more than enough extra flow in the tank. --wd--

Yeah but I've seen a few threads complaining about the noisy powerheads - Thought it might help someone else out - now where's that halo gone? :lol:

Great to see more comments on this thread, im seriosly thinking of making a website dedicated to fixing problems with the Aquaone Aquagrande series,
im 3 weeks into cycle now and the filters are running sweet, the only prob is my bristlenose catfish is sucking the paint off my $350 juwel 3d background so i think he will have to go :sad: but my shortfin "Plakart" Fighter is loving his new home, he went from being in a 20Ltr bowl to a 285Ltr mansion, :rolleyes: ive got a new vid on you tube now to its under "aquagrande 120" Orgazmatron is my username so feel free to check it out, and ill send some pics of the new powerhead config its a bit messy at the moment but ill do some more plumbing and wiring, cheers from tbone

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back