Aqua One Cf1000 Canister Filter Help Please!

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My new tank has arrived today complete with an aqua one CF1000 Canister filter.

Please anyone that has one of these explain the two different outlet parts. Now I understand the spray bar (although I appear to have no end cap!!) but what is the lily outlet pipe for? Is that for use if you dont want to use the spray bar? Or am I suppose to use both?

This lily thing does not even appear on the instructions, just the spray bar, which obviously wont work without an end cap - doh!

Am I missing the obvious here?

Also I thought the priming on the fluval 305 was a pain in the butt, but no clues how it works on this one?? Anyone??

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me, Im sure it obvious really and in my sleep deprived state, Im missing the point!
 
Yeah ok Im a dimwit, the end cap is already inside one of the spray bar pieces, so thats solved. Just the lily piece (dont ask me, I didnt name it!) to go and the priming system.
 
Seriously nobody has one of these, to be honest, Im not suprised - What a piece of s**t!!!!!!

Avoid at all costs the Aqua One royale range - never had the displeasure of this manufacturer before and nor do I ever want to again.

Whoever designed this tank and filter, wants shooting. Had this been my first tank I would have given up fish keeping immediately.

In fact Im so annoyed right now, I may just give up anyway. Its a nightmare, nothing fits properly, I hate this tank right now and I havent even begun to try and put stuff in it, god knows how Im supposed to do that with a 2 inch gap at the top, I have to take the hood, reflector (which just apparently sits on the glass top, no attachments, nowt, zip), glass panels etc off to put the gravel in, any ornaments and how in the heck Im gonna clean the gravel and water change is beyond me, even my 6ft 2, 16 year old cannot reach the bottom of the tank, I knew it was higher than normal but this must have been designed for the green giant!! Perfect for angels, shame I dont like angels.

Im ranting, Im fed up and I feel like packing the whole thing up and sending it back to Aqua One and telling them exactly what a piece of poop their tank and filter are. :(
 
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got 2 of them on my tank and thought exactly the same!! (especially about the end cap on the spray bar!!) i think they are great filters now though!

Can't remember how i primed it now sorry! i think i just started a siphon into the filter, then when its full turn it on
 
I have a aqua one 1200 not sure it is the same but :

Have the taps on (pointing downwards).

1. detach the outlet tubing from spary bar or duck bill.
2. place your mouth over the end off the outlet and create a siphon by sucking the tube.
3. once siphon begins and cansiter is full then plug in.

Its a great filter.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top