FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I am planning on making my first online order for fish at Aqua Huna. Have you guys have good experiences with their fishes' longevity and refund policies?

specifically if anyone ordered medaka rice fish, I would love to hear about your experience

I have ordered from them before… my experience was completely positive

I will admit, pictures of little cubes, highly overcrowded made me nervous before I ordered… but I would suspect most wholesalers systems are similar

They are reliable in the sense that the fishes don't have diseases but after 6 or 7 orders from them i have other concerns. Some of their fishes have 'defect'; i question their loaches as I have noticed some very concerning abnomally which shouldn't occur with wild fishes which make me suspect otherwise - which i won't go into details; i would never order cicihld from them for various reasons including you can't select gender (important for fishes like rams, apistogramma, ...); one ram i order had a sunken stomach and should never have been shipped; some minor defects that better shops would weed out. I sometime wonder if they are selling their 'b' stock to end users while 'a' stock go to distribution to shops (this is not a fact just idle speculation). I have not had issues with their tetra, rasbora or other schooling fishes other than they are sometime very young so just be aware they might be small (this does not bother me).
-
Some pluses are fantastic prices and very low shipping cost, excellent customer service and much better doa policy than most online sellers. So there are a lot of positives but the concerns I have are real.

I have ordered from them before… my experience was completely positive

I will admit, pictures of little cubes, highly overcrowded made me nervous before I ordered… but I would suspect most wholesalers systems are similar
ah, that's awesome.
the little cubes are used just to get a good photo of a group of fish, since some are skittish. similar to display tanks at fish fairs!
They are reliable in the sense that the fishes don't have diseases but after 6 or 7 orders from them i have other concerns. Some of their fishes have 'defect'; i question their loaches as I have noticed some very concerning abnomally which shouldn't occur with wild fishes; i would never order cicihld from them for various reasons. I sometime wonder if they are selling their 'b' stock to end users while 'a' stock go to distribution to shops (this is not a fact just idle speculation). I have not had issues with their tetra, rasbora or other schooling fishes other than they are sometime very young so just be aware they might be small (this does not bother me).
Thanks, this is great advice.
I will hope that the fish I get are not too inbred, but I think that could just be from one "litter" of fish.

Most reactions

Back