Aqua Essentials Shrimp

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

johno

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Today i got my shrimp wich i orderd from AE. They say on the site Size 2.5-3.5cm.

What i got in the post was 5 microscopic TINY shrimp, a couple medium, 2 big, 1 dead.

Im not so happy about the tiny 5 ones, as to be honest.... u cant see! and i dont doubt they will be killed during maintenance.

Are they allowed to send such small shrimp when they advertise 2.5-3.5cm?

Today i got my shrimp wich i orderd from AE. They say on the site Size 2.5-3.5cm.

What i got in the post was 5 microscopic TINY shrimp, a couple medium, 2 big, 1 dead.

Im not so happy about the tiny 5 ones, as to be honest.... u cant see! and i dont doubt they will be killed during maintenance.

Are they allowed to send such small shrimp when they advertise 2.5-3.5cm?

all statements of size, should be correct, within reason, contact the seller and demand a refund or the shrimp "they" advertised. these idiots make a fortune fiddling people, working on the assumption that more will say, "Ahh well" and forget the thing than will complain. sale of goods act covers it all, under false advertising, and fit for the purpose.

The size advertised could simply be the adult size of the shrimp and you recieved babies. Double check all wording and statements as to what you should have recieved. If it say's that what you will recieve is shrimp that are full size and you clearly have not been sent that, then call or contact them and complain. That is actually false advertising.

Please dont go calling Aqua Essentials idiots, i know Richard and he wouldnt try to do this to anyone, just ask him for an explanation and i am almost sure he will do something for you. They provide the best customer service out of anyone i know on the web, you can order something in the morning and you will most likley recieve it the next day. He also came 2nd in PFK in best shops or something, that tells you something too.

Please dont go calling Aqua Essentials idiots, i know Richard and he wouldnt try to do this to anyone, just ask him for an explanation and i am almost sure he will do something for you. They provide the best customer service out of anyone i know on the web, you can order something in the morning and you will most likley recieve it the next day. He also came 2nd in PFK in best shops or something, that tells you something too.

:blush: yep i should have said "idiots like this" not "these idiots".
the site, on the first listed shrimp, states both the expected mature size, and a size now. which is fair enough, however the next shrimp, only has one stated size, 2.5-3.5 cm. now as this is an advert, unless otherwise stated, that would be the size range, i would expect the shrimp to be on delivery. as i feel would trading standards! I'm sure he is a nice guy, but this ad is misleading, or at best, could be easly misunderstood. some other shrimp on the site, had no size quoted at all!!!!

Most reactions

Back