Aqua Advisor - My Stocking

comet30

Reaction score
Just been on the aqua advisor website and it tells me that I can add more fish to my 95 litre tank. I have 17 fish at the moment: -

2 x Corys
5 x Phantom Tetra
3 x Black Skirt Tetra
2 x chain loach
3 x neon tetra
2 x sunset platy

I do want to up my shoals but not sure the website is right. I have a fluval U3 filter.

Says I can increase to 4 x corys, 5 x Black Skirts, 4 x chain loach, 2 x platy, 5 x phantom, 5 x neon tetra i.e. total fish 25. saying 90% stocking level here and 99% filtration

What do you guys think?

if i were you, I would stock as this

5-8 same type of corydoras
then either 8 X 2 schools of tetra
or 5-6 X 3 schools of tetra...wait a while then see how your filter responds.

I would get rid of the platies so you don't have to deal with mass reproducing, and by upping the numbers of a smaller amount of schools, you will have happier, more active fish, and therefore a much more interesting tank!

once you see how your filter responds, you can probably slow add another fish to each school of tetra. let the cories top off at 8 so that they can have lots of room to explore the bottom - - the bottom part of the tank is their main interest - the tetras take up the rest of the tank so if you slowly up the schools you will be able to let your filter cope with a slowly increasing bioload.

experienced fishkeepers who are dedicated to their cleaning schedule and the workings / capacity of their filters are able to overstock slightly if they do it slowly :good:

Well you have a lot of fish but they're all small... You can probably up the tetras/corys like you want, And it would be a lot better for them to be in bigger groups.

Most reactions

Back