Aqaurium Sticker Thermometer!

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Hey guys! Typing fast here, have to go!!! :S
Y'know those sticker-like aquarium thermometers that are really inaccurate? Well, I have one o' those on my 20 gallon, but I wanna take it off! I tried taking it off a couple years ago, but it literally ripped apart! Well, the plastic peeled away from the black part. It's hard to explain... just take a look for yourself....



(Click on pics to make bigger.)
Anyhow, what should I do!? I want to take this off, cuz it looks ugly, but will the stuff on the black part harm me or my fish? Because the black part is literally exposed! And when I try to take it off, there's this huge, sticky residue!

What should I do!?
Thanks in advance for any help!
P.S. The reason why I didn't post this 2 years ago was not just because I didn't have an account, but because I wasn't too worried about it! But now I all of a sudden am! :S
 
razor blade mate?

are these anygood? im wanting to buy one :S
 
how will it harm your fish , its on the outside of the tank !

just pull it off, a hair dryer will help , warm it up then get a scraper behind it , then your free to choose what kind you replace it with , not the same tho, like you say they are rather poo, compared to some ive seen , as far as the sticky stuff goes, just use some nail varnish remover
 
Bagu those thermometers are terrible and very inaccurate.

to get it off use a razor lade and a hairdryer or boiling water to help melt it.

I had one and i hated it :grr:

The ones inside my tanks now are accurate and dont leave a nasty mess behind wen you take them off. :P
 
Bagu those thermometers are terrible and very inaccurate.

to get it off use a razor lade and a hairdryer or boiling water to help melt it.

I had one and i hated it :grr:

The ones inside my tanks now are accurate and dont leave a nasty mess behind wen you take them off. :P

Thank you very much. I will go take it off now. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top