Aqaurium Moonlight

bbq1234

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
recently looking through ebay for cheap fish tanks I came across something
called Aqaurium moonlight.... Its like 4 or 5 or as many as you need blue led lights that you attactch to the hood of your tank... And when you turn off the regular white light at night you turn on the "moonlight" its supposed to simulate real moonlight and spawning will be increased

It also makes your tank look Really cool at night :D
c8_1_b.JPG

You messed up the image link, it has http:// in it twice. Anyhow, I'm going to do a moonlight set up once I have some money to do one and the time. They're very cool even if you're not using them for spawning purposes.

Oh my. that looks gorgeous. I know you can buy strip lights that are 'moonlight' Unfortunately, i only have a 1 bulb hood. :(

After seeing this I decided to build my own moonlighting, looks great, and best of all it was made from bits I had lying around.

ChriX said:
After seeing this I decided to build my own moonlighting, looks great, and best of all it was made from bits I had lying around.
how did you build your own? did you post it in the diy section?

just search for it on google, its very easy too and cheap. The ones sold at stores are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced! Most moon lights are just a resistor, LED(s) and transformer. Hardly worth $50

I wouldn't say more than £5. I used 4 blue LEDs with a resistor each, and an old Nokia phone charger as power a supply.

I'll probally make of of these next week for my tank. If people want I'll try and take step by step pictures of what I do and post it in the DIY section.

Its incredibly simple to make.

Just for kicks since I have a lot of RED led's lying around I'll see what happens if I use red. Might have a "sunset/sunrise" tone happening. Or maybe not. I'll be making this Wends/Thurs next week (my only days off at my job, and have almost zero time other than on my days off.

WheelmanCA19 said:
Just for kicks since I have a lot of RED led's lying around I'll see what happens if I use red. Might have a "sunset/sunrise" tone happening. Or maybe not. I'll be making this Wends/Thurs next week (my only days off at my job, and have almost zero time other than on my days off.
That would be a neat idea :)

Most reactions

Back