Aq Advisor Wrong?

Fraoch

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i know aq advisor is just a rough website for stocking and filtration, but i thought it would be pretty acurate at the volume of a size of tank? If you look up a juwel vision 260, it says it holds 260Litres on another website but if you put the dimensions into aq advisor it says it can hold almost 300? why does it say this? or is it just wrong?
thanks

Because if you fill it up to the very top it holds 300 litres, but you don't, you fill it up to the line, that is 260 litres, plus entering the dimensions of a bow fronted tank wont give accurate results as the calculators are designed for rectangular tanks.

I had a PM from OldMan47 saying that we are banned from mentioning that particular site on this forum. Someone better close this thread otherwise we would all be expelled from the forum.

Adrian

I had a PM from OldMan47 saying that we are banned from mentioning that particular site on this forum. Someone better close this thread otherwise we would all be expelled from the forum.

LOL. It's not that this site is "banned". But, the website used to have a fair amount of malware on it so we really didn't want links on our forum to it, and the owner would pretty much borderline spam our forum every few months about his site. Also, we we're too sure about the quality of the advice -- an automated system just doesn't have the ability to respond to every real-life circumstance. So, as I said, it is not "banned", but it is "uncomfortable".

Can I just say I have no affilliation with that site, and I am only a beginner (4 months). I thought that site was quite useful but what do I know!

Most reactions

Back