Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 5 6.8%

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruskull is right.  If everyone takes the easy way out and refuses to vote, then who will win? No one, and that's not what we are looking for.  Its hard to choose, but choose you must!

Well, I didn't because my entry is in there, so I either had to bump the vote numbers of my own fish, which is unfair because it isn't the most beautiful one, or stay away from this voting session.
I always vote otherwise but this time it's a hard choice regardless.

Hard choice.

NOW VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Eagles. You left me no choice. Done
tongue2.gif

This month's competition may be as close as last month.  We can't have folks sitting on the sidelines.  We need all the votes we can get.  I'm hoping for a wider margin of victory than 1 or 2 votes.  The best hope we have for that is to have as many votes as possible cast.

Thanks for voting. ;)  No shame in voting for your own entry.  Also, no shame in voting for an entry that you deemed to be better than your own. 

Well..I do think my entry is the best
crazy.gif
  but then I am biased this way
tongue2.gif

Only kidding. I voted for what I liked best, sadly not my own
laugh.png

Maybe we should just have an in general entry banter thread.
drinks.gif

We do now, for each competition.

That hillstream loach reminds me of a combi van for some reason.

eaglesaquarium said:
Not a big deal.  I had more difficulty with posting more than 10 images in the top post to include all 16 entries.  tcamos changed the settings for me.  Then, no more problem.
Ah, yes I came across the problem of too many images in one post when I was doing my journal on the Retirement Home for Bob (link in sig.).  Thanks to Mamashack for posting, which enabled me to continue with the photos.  What is the actual limit set per post for photos?

Back to topic:

In voting for FOTM as a keen photographer I am always torn.  In this competition, are we to vote for:
a) the fish we like
OR
b) the best photograph of a fish?

Personally in FOTM and POTM, I have tended to go more for b   i.e. the best looking photograph, even though it may not be a species I would personally keep.

OR

does it in fact matter? i.e. just what catches our eye.

Thoughts, opinions please ...?

I personally think that the quality of the photo is part of the contest. Think I'm in the minority on that though.

Ultimately I think you just have to vote for whichever appeals to you most, for wherever reason :)

I think the contest is designed to be about the fish - how does it stack up to other fish of its species.  The photography piece certainly helps - can't judge a fish from a blurry photograph.

If its based on photography, I might need to bring in a ringer to help me with the pic, otherwise, I will always be the Buffalo Bills (Sorry for the American football reference.)

I look for the overall composition and the sharpness of the fish in the photo. If there's something unusual, that will draw my eye first. Then I look for the sharpness and background. Cleanliness counts too, as in TOTM. This month was really tough! 

I think it's all about the quality of the photo, otherwise you can't really see what one was trying to picture. I've also noticed that "cute" fish in a "cute" situation or pictures with fish that have pink, purple, multiple shiny colours always have some advantage. :) 

eaglesaquarium said:
We do now, for each competition.

................and I like the banter, it's makes the thread IMO.  No poop storms though!

TallTree01 said:
That hillstream loach reminds me of a combi van for some reason.

The HIllstream Loach was my second choice, followed by the Butterfly.

RCA said:
Not a big deal.  I had more difficulty with posting more than 10 images in the top post to include all 16 entries.  tcamos changed the settings for me.  Then, no more problem.
Ah, yes I came across the problem of too many images in one post when I was doing my journal on the Retirement Home for Bob (link in sig.).  Thanks to Mamashack for posting, which enabled me to continue with the photos.  What is the actual limit set per post for photos?

Back to topic:

In voting for FOTM as a keen photographer I am always torn.  In this competition, are we to vote for:
a) the fish we like
OR
b) the best photograph of a fish?

Personally in FOTM and POTM, I have tended to go more for b   i.e. the best looking photograph, even though it may not be a species I would personally keep.

OR

does it in fact matter? i.e. just what catches our eye.

Thoughts, opinions please ...?

The quality of the photo, as well as the particular action/view is equally as important as whether or not you like the fish.  Again, the Gourami pic is a "coming at ya" kinda view which I thought was nice.  The African Butterfly picture from slightly below looking up at him is awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back