Aplocheilus Lineatus "goa"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Amerce

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well as a change from the Golden variety I bought some eggs of the Goan species and they are beautiful, check out the youngsters -

This is them a few weeks ago
AplocheliusLineatusGoa.jpg

and this them today, the gold on their fins is coming out and some of the irrid. on their bodies
AplocheilusLineatusGoa.jpg

Wow they look great, nice find Amerce :good:

I have a gold pair that are full of character but i'll definitely be looking out for some of them

Yeah nice fish Amerce, how bright does the finnage colouration get on the adult males from that location. Yellowish or red.
Regards
BigC

Hi Colin only seen blurred photo's of the parents but from what I can see of my fry (2.5 months old now) they appear to be colouring up a bit of red with some gold as well, hope the stripes will be staying but the colours are starting to come up nicely .

There is some great irridescence on their bodies, some of the larger fry are developing nicely and I should be able to start putting them into a breeding tank soon. I had a really good hatch rate from the eggs so I'm well chuffed with them.

Whats the sex ratio like
Regards
BigC (Colin)

Not really checked properly as it is a planted tank, but I hope to move them on to a slightly bigger tank before I go on holiday in november so will be able to check them out propertly.

Hi Colin well had a good tidy up in the shed today and I've got to say I think I've been lucky with a slighter larger margin towards male to females, but there are a good 5 females in the group of 12 so not too bad.

The tail fins are getter redder by the day and the females stripes are fading a bit and the males are getting stronger body colours with dominant stripes now.

Those Lineatus sp. are really quite impressive. They look like the best of both with the colouration (gold and wild forms)
Well done Amerce, Lovely fish
Whats the plans for them now
Regards
BigC

Well I have a really beautiful dominant male with more red colouration on him and I'm going to keep him for breeding, need to check to see if any of the females are suitable to breed from him and maybe keep one more male, but I'll be selling the rest off as soon as the weather settles down. They are much too good for the local lfs and I certainly wouldn't get my initial outlay for the eggs back from them.

They have their own tank at the moment but once I do a bit of tank re-shuffling over the Xmas period I'll be able to set a breeding tank for them and start collecting eggs and growing on.

Fingers crossed the tank that the bn's were raised in will be emptied this weekend and then I have a lovely 4 foot tank to do what I want with LOL.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back