Apistogramma Sp

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Seal36

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have been talking with some members on the forum and my apistogramma cacatuoides have been with me for over a year now and have been on frozen live food for at least 3 months and the female comes into breeding condition but she does not make a nest and the male shows no interest in her. So we have decided that they wont mate which is why i got them in the first place.

i have had a look in my lfs today and they have

Banded Apistos
Apistogramma Panduro
Apistogramma macmasteri 

my questions are what ones are easier to get to breed and should i get a pair or a trio as i have a 80cm long 110 litre tank with 4 caves in. If there is anything else you think i should know please tell me and also if you have one of these species if you wouldn't mind attaching a photo of them that would be great. You can see the tankmates in my sig below this post  from Tom

I've found that appistogramma's only breed if they want to. I have had success with the macmasteri. As long as water conditions and pH are good, they will only breed if they want to become bonded to each other. I have never been able to make them breed together 

Most reactions

Back