Aphyosemion Gardneri

Rickster

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kingswinford (West Midlands)
Hi




Does anyone know about killifish, in particular aphyosemion gardneri variety? I have read differing opinions, some saying they are peaceful fish, and others saying they are aggresive? Also that they live to approx 1 year old. I would like to know if anyone could shed some light on this matter, and tell me once and for all the real info.




Many Thanks

Rickster
 
Not shure if Latain names are being re-gigged (the taxonomists seem to do it every month :lol: ) but IME, they are peaceful to most fish. Should be avoided with things with long fins, but otherwise well behaved. They breed like rabbits also, and are a great first egg layer breeding project :good:

All the best
Rabbut

EDIT to add, one male, or lots of males, to a tank to avoid agression issues. Need to be kept as all one gender, or as trio's (1M 2F).
 
Does anyone know about killifish
You asked me where to obtain eggs. I supplied you with contact No's
Any follow up on this

Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus (Location or Code ref.)
Can be pretty boisterious when fully mature but not really aggressive as such.
 
Does anyone know about killifish
You asked me where to obtain eggs. I supplied you with contact No's
Any follow up on this

Fundulopanchax gardneri nigerianus (Location or Code ref.)
Can be pretty boisterious when fully mature but not really aggressive as such.




I asked where to get the fish not eggs? If there not aggresive I may well get one, have found a LFS that sells them for £4.99, thanks for the info though BigC
 

Most reactions

Back
Top