Aphyosemion australe

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
they are very nice looking fish I bought a young pair of A australe last Sunday so i hope it won't be too long before they start breeding

They'll breed better when they have a darker spot in the tank where they can lay their eggs.

it's unusual not to find any eggs if I were in a similar situation I would separate the males from females for a week or two reshuffle males so they're not put back with the original female ,by changing male and females can make a big difference to them spawning

@fish48 Funny you should mention that about reshuffling the males. I thought of that. My three females are all very different in their individual personalities. One is shy and retiring , one is kind of a shrew toward her mate while the third is a party girl. The males not so different but one is a lothario while the other two are pretty casual in demeanor. That's a good idea , mix them up. Change the dynamic.

Are the eggs fairly small ? Do you pick them right away ? I read one guy that says they are very soft as well and easily damaged in the picking process.
I always pick the eggs off the killifish mops they seem to be the same as any other, the eggs are quite tough as long as you don't squeeze them there shouldn't be any damage done to them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back