Aphyosemion Australe - A Group Or Pair?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ormsie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a returner to tropical fish keeping and as my 60l tank is busy cycling I'm looking at what fish would be suitable for it. I'm debating some Aphyosemion Australe but I've read conflicting things. Should I just get a pair of these, or would they be better in a small group of four?

I'm looking at a community tank including the killis and possibly some shrimp, some small rasboras and maybe some endlers.

Thanks!

Shrimp may or may not turn out to be a bad idea around adult killifish. As with all things close observation is the key....If your chosen species has been brought up on live food then I would suspect that there is a greater chance of them worrying or even trying to devour certain shrimp species. Also a eye should be kept on the small endler sp. which may also attract attention....
But I would suggest a pair will be fine in a communal environment given proper thought to their prospective tank mates
atb
C

I am currently keeping a group of 5 A. splendopleure with some cpd's and that is working out fine. For the splendopleure the breeder told me that they would make good community fish as long as you don't put a betta in with them, or anything too small. Not so much for the splendopleure as well for the betta; the flaring of the betta is apparently considered as agression by the splendopleures and they will go for their fins!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back