Anyone Partial To A Bit Of Rap?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Frazzledazzle

Reaction score
I'm not sure where my love for the genre came from, my mum always liked Simply Red and the like, maybe her listening to that forced me to take refuge elsewhere....haha.

Anyone else like it? And i mean Biggie Smalls, Run DMC, Tupac etc, not the namby pamby modern day rubbish!

Just watched Notorious on Sky there about Biggie Smalls' life, was a pretty good biopic but obviously he's portrayed in the best light possible. Shame he got shot at the age of 24, i was only 7 so i'm miffed i didn't grow up as his music was developing, ahhh!

Frazer

I love the old skool stuff. NWA were amazing, Wu Tang Clan, Grave diggaz, BIGGY was good although a lot of his music was hidden and never came to light as it was too deep and dark for radio. You can clearly see he changed his style of writing due to it not being heard. Tupac was the greatest in my opinion.

I'm not keen on the new stuff, especially since Eminem came about. Very influential as he changed the scene, I believe it was for the worse though.

Public Enemy were also extremely good

Biggie and Lil Wayne are the two most over-rated rappers of all time, I love the old stuff, and some new stuff namely Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West are still doing it justice, the rest isn't that good, J Cole isn't bad. Favourite rapper of all time is Masta Ace, dude is just too awesome.

Grandmaster flash, Public Enemy, Dr Dre, Oynx, Sugarhill Gang, Rob Base, Tribe Called Quest, Bone Thugs & Harmony, Nas, Method Man, Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh,
Biz Markie, Tone Loc, The Luniz, EPMD,Tim Dogg

Just looking at my old CD Collection :lol:

There are a few rap songs that I have enjoyed, but I am not big into it. The occasional rap artists does come out with something amazing though. I was, and am still to this day, a big fan of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony

Who remembers the Lords of the Underground? Its the shoes, gotta be the shoes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aROcPnWsQ0&feature=related

What about a bit of British :lol:

GunShot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDKV2mQ954&feature=related

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back