Anybody Using Leopard Yet?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

idlefingers

Fish Addict
Reaction score
As the title says; anyone using Leopard on their mac yet? We got it at work on Monday and I got my copy for my macbook today and am loving it! Just wanted to see what other people think about it if anyone around here has upgraded yet?

Our Mac lab at school got it the other day. In my opinion it is just as horrible as the previous OSX. The only thing that I thought was a good idea was the backup system that was integrated into the OS.

I'm a huge Mac fan, unfortunately I'm also a full-time student who doesn't work so I can't afford it yet. As far as I can see it's not too different from 10.4.9 though.

I'll buy it when I can, I still want to have time machine on board.

At least they give you the full version for $126, and don't try and sell differing amounts of completeness, my father-in-law had to pay $450 for Vista Ultimate and now he hates it, he's getting a Mac pro next month because of Vista.

SLC

It is quite a leap from 10.4. Apart from the vast array of improvements which they don't mention a lot of because they're only small things (but add up to make quite a difference), I'm finding most things to be considerably faster - especially mail & finder.

At least they give you the full version for $126, and don't try and sell differing amounts of completeness, my father-in-law had to pay $450 for Vista Ultimate and now he hates it, he's getting a Mac pro next month because of Vista.

:lol: The number of packages available for vista is a joke! (and the cost). We have a machine running vista at work for testing and it really is a pain to work with but at least I don't have to much.

Leopard just doesn't have a big enough change to it that is worth $126. On the other hand of the conversation, I was psyched about Vista but now that I have been working around I think that it is the new ME version of Windows.....crap basically. I am a XP guy here, been working around Linux and I am not that crazy about it.

If Apple made it more revolutionary just like that everyone thinks that they are, except for me, then they would have put more thought into it. Not to say that Vista is any different...lol

It's worth $126 for me just to get my hands on the time machine feature. That's a huge feature if you ask me.

And Apple will give it to me on the one and only flavor of their operating system, I don't have to decide how much of the operating system I can afford. That's my main beef with Microsoft.

SLC

I don't think an OS has to be exciting. Exciting usually means cutting edge which leads to M$ having to release updates on a regular basis just to patch up the holes where they are so poor at coding (no wonder they don't want third parties to have acess to it...).

One great thing I l;ike about the new Apple OS is it costs £85, or for £125ish you can get a 5 user licence. For someone who runs a couple of computers, being able to buy licences like that is a great help.

Also, due to its unix base, I have been able to connect my new macbooks to my existing linux based network at home within a couple of hours of really trying. Something tells me that will not be the case with win-doze.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back