Anybody Using A Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Led

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AbbeysDad

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
This has caught my eye and I think I'd like to purchase, but thought I'd ask for feedback first. I'd like to move towards real plants in my 60g and I really like the 24/7 function to automatically cycle through the day into night as this seems so natural.

Like many lights on the market this lamp doesn't have any available brightness specification available.  As a result there is no way to know if the light is bright enough to grow plants.  Without that information I won't even consider them for my tanks. Look for lumen, lux, or PAR brightness rating.  If you are interested in growing plants use the link to determine how much light you need.

http://fotohobbist.com/blog/aquarium-lighting-for-planted-aquariums/#more-136 

In my opoinion most of the money spent for these lighst is for the fancy electronics needed to produce the effects.  Very little of that money probably went into designing a good lamp for plants.

2472.jpg

Note the 7000k

Note the 7000k
That is the color temperatuire.  It is not a brightness rating.  I have had success with 3000K Lamps while many people prefer 7000K lights.   Again you need to look for a Lumen, Lux, or PAR rating.  

I've been using the Finnex: Planted Plus for about 5 months now? I'm really impressed by them. I've had very excellent plant growth with them, even before the injection of CO2. The lights are very bright, not sure on a technical scale, but at their brightest intensity lasts 6-8 hours I think?

RainboWBacoN420 said:
I've been using the Finnex: Planted Plus for about 5 months now? I'm really impressed by them. I've had very excellent plant growth with them, even before the injection of CO2. The lights are very bright, not sure on a technical scale, but at their brightest intensity lasts 6-8 hours I think?
Good to know. Is this the 24/7 model and are you running it in 24/7 mode?
(I like this whole notion of duplicating nature's sunrise to sunset, but also would like to dip my toe in a planted aquarium instead of my plastic 'stuff'.)

AbbeysDad said:

(I like this whole notion of duplicating nature's sunrise to sunset, but also would like to dip my toe in a planted aquarium instead of my plastic 'stuff'.)

Yes, I've been keeping on 24/7 mode since December and it's been great. It will however cause a lot of algae growth but my plants have been great under these lights.

Thanks for the feedback! I bought the light and the Perfecto canopy should be here today so I'm really looking forward to setting it up and a little further down the road adding some real living plants. Most excited about the 24/7 feature to simulate natural sunrise--->sunset.

RainboWBacoN420 said:
Yes, I've been keeping on 24/7 mode since December and it's been great. It will however cause a lot of algae growth but my plants have been great under these lights.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back