Anybody Read Any Good Books Lately?

lljdma06

Retired moderator :)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
11,767
Reaction score
17
Points
0
Location
Miami, FL
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anybody's been reading any books lately pertaining to our beloved tropical fish hobby? I'm getting ready to order Baensch #4. I know I can just get the photo guide, but Baensch has some great articles in the beginning of each volume that I really enjoy reading. I already own volumes 1-3.

Let's see what else TFF reads. :)

llj
 
If you really want to learn about your fish, nothing beats a true Ichthyology text. I don't read it continuously, but I check Moyle and Cech's Fishes: An Introduction to Ichthyology out of the library a few times a year. I think I've read it cover to cover, but being over 700+ pages, I certainly don't remember everything and I usually learn several new things every time I read a section or chapter.
 
If you really want to learn about your fish, nothing beats a true Ichthyology text.

This is very interesting. I imagine it must deliver many insights to the hobby. I often look at standard field guides for plants. Many list the aquatic ones as well.

If you've read something and want to write about it, the Newsletter team may consider it for a book review in the Newsletter.

Don't be shy. :)

llj
 
i read a book once it had a picture of a 'ornate congo catfish' ... no such fish existed when i did reaserch... :( it was cool :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top