• The Wiz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lion King

• Any others?

• Total voters
Hi,

I haven't seen any yet but i'm off to London to see Mary Poppins and Lion King next month. Has anyone seen them, were they any good ?

Emma :)

Oh wow.. i've seen CATS, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Riverboat, Miss Saigon, Mama Mia, Beauty and the Beast. I'm sure I'm missing some, however that's all I can think of right now.

As for my fav? Hmm.. that's too tough to answer. Phantom, Mama Mia, Miss Saigon, Les Mis, Joseph were all in the top I'd say.

LadyMinion is a Phantom of the Opera fanatic and she runs two VERY succesful sites dedicated to it.

There's PhanForums which covers every version of Phantom in every medium
and
Phantom Gerry which is dedicated to Gerard Butler as the Phantom in the 2004 movie of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.

I like Phantom too, but I'm also rather fond of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Loved Beauty and the Beast and Les Mis...nothing like dinner on Restaurant Row and the a show on Broadway. Enjoyed Aida. Loved Phantom. Also saw Titanic, Cats, and , JSS.

Most disappointed? Mama Mia....the show got so much hype and was a letdown. It had it's moments, but, didn't blow me away. SH

I saw Wicked back in June of last year and adored it. You can still catch me singing "For Good" or "No One Mourns The Wicked". I love it. I am a musical freak. I love to participate in my high schools musical (as I am now a sophmore) and our next musical is Beauty and The Beast. will be a fun one.

Generally, I can't stand musicals and avoid them like the plauge. My mom had me go see several, including Oklahoma, Cats, etc. Cats was ok I guess... it seemed terribly much like Anthrocon with somewhat obnoxious singing though :lol: I did see the movie version of the play Rent, and to date it is just about the only musical I can stand.

I saw Little Shop of Horrors on stage that was brilliant much better than the film, but I think thats because the music was more powerful! I would love to go see the Lion King I've heard its really good

I usually don't like musicals as there is a distinct lack of plot or charcterisation, but I was blown away by the Rock Opera "Jack to a King" based loosly on Shakespere's Macbeth, but set around a 50s rock and roll band:

"Is this a spanner I see before me...?"

Shame it is so long since I saw it, and it seems to have never come around again.

Well of your list, I haven't seen: Wicked, Aida, Rent, and Into the Woods. I have seen all the rest though and my personal favorite is Cabaret.

I used to love Starlight Express before they stopped it :(

Otherwise.. Beauty and the Beast is good.. also enjoyed Blood Brothers..

Squid

Yay! I love musicals!
Top five would be:

1. Into the Woods (my all time favorite, so glad others have heard of it)
2. Phantom of the Opera
3. Rent (I cried when I saw it on stage, and I never cry at plays or films, the music just really moved me)
4. Jesus Christ Superstar
5. Caberet ("some people, have two people" ;) )

I also love West Side Story (I have been know to sing the Jets song when doing housework), and Little Shop of Horrors was the first musical soundtrack I owned as a kid. I wish I had the time and funds to see more shows. We do get some tours here, but I'm just never able to make it to teh shows.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back