Any tips on breeding bolivian blue ram cichlids?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lazarusthefishboy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today i am gonna get a breeding pair of rams, and would like to know if you have any tips on breeding these fish.
Temperature: 25, but will change it to 27 degrees celsius when I can
Tank size: 90L (25G)
Plants: Anubias and other high ones I don't know the name of
Tank mates: 1x zebra danio, 1x swordtail (female), 1x male platy, 1x pearl gourami, 1x algae eater, 1x lab cichlid (non-egressive and compatible), 1x female bristle nose pleco, 1x YoYo Loach, 1x Cory Cat (when I can, i'll get it a bunch new friends), and that's it!
0ppm Ammonia and Nitrite
20ppm Nitrate
PH: 7.6

I have several ornaments and driftwood.
any tips? btw its my 12th birthday! :)

I'm afraid you shouldn't get any rams for this tank. There are already stocking issues. The rams also need warmer water than the other fish you have

Happy birthday!:bday:

I'm afraid you shouldn't get any rams for this tank. There are already stocking issues. The rams also need warmer water than the other fish you have
You're thinking of German Blue Rams (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi), which need temperatures of around 80°-86° F. Bolivian rams (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus), which I think is the fish that the OP is referring to, can tolerate temperatures of around 75°-82° F.

You're thinking of German Blue Rams (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi), which need temperatures of around 80°-86° F. Bolivian rams (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus), which I think is the fish that the OP is referring to, can tolerate temperatures of around 75°-82° F.
Ah. Yes you're correct. Thanks ^_^

Wait. I'm confused right now. After reading the title, are you referring to Bolivian rams or another variant of the German blue rams?

Sooo....Bolivian rams? Or??

Here is a pic:
lg89938GermanBlueRam.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back