Any Progress..? Not That I Can See..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

murphyk32

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, i may be completely blind, if i am PLEASE point out what has been done about the issue, but quite a few months ago i created a post here regarding the similar topics secion and how it shows topics dating back as far as 2002.. at the end of the post, William had said that it would be axed.. i took it as they would be removing it? anyways he said it would be happening in the next board upgrade.. and he said that at the end of may... it being september, i cant see where anything has been modified with it.. am i blind, or was i forgotten?

the old post is here: <a href="http://www.fishforums.net/content/forum/23...ottom-Of-Page-/" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/content/forum/23...ottom-Of-Page-/</a>

it was pretty clear that majority of people found it annoying on my previous thread, but besides that the point is more, how come it hasnt been fixed, like stated, 4 months later?

Click the little [-] button at the top right of the Similar Topics box and it gets folded away. Since someone pointed that out, I had even forgotten that it was there.

orange shark, the issue was more that people would reply to those old topics in the similar topics threads, and would offer advice to people who hadn't even logged onto the forum in many years.

I personally haven't noticed that old thread resurrection nearly as much as before. Maybe I haven't been paying as close attention, or maybe people have been looking at the dates more, I don't know.

well i can admit i havent AS much, but still..

more so tho it bugs me that it was said to be getting fixed on the next update, and at this point 4 months later hasnt yet, so im just curious as to what happened.. has there not been an upgrade? or was it forgotten..

any mods wish to ask why nothings happened yet?:)

Short answer- we haven't upgraded the board, when we do the similar topics will be axed.

The reason we haven't upgraded is that the upgrade is not out yet, hopefully it will be out soon.

k sounds good, wasnt really sure how often a board upgrade happens.. thanks

It depends on the software provider - Invision Board. They reckon the next upgrade will be out in Q3 2008, which must be imminent!

It hasnt botherd me. Just suck it up, and dont use the related threads if your concerned about wasting 10 seconds on a page from 2004.

um well first off, it bothers some people whether or not it does u.. second off its when u reply to one that somebody accidentally ressurrected.. either way dont matter the decision was made and i was just curious when/if it was going through, which it is.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back