Another Stocking Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ncguppy830

Male
Reaction score
i have a ten gallon tank left over from my stunt of breeding guppies( which got me a gourami with SC) i have an open ten gallon tank that i plan to be planted heavily and i wanted some exotic fish wth great colors to pop it off, i have big expetations on this one so as many suggestions as possible.

I would have a betta with a group of 6 of either chilli rasboras or celestial pearl danios.

the_lock_man said:
I would have a betta with a group of 6 of either chilli rasboras or celestial pearl danios.

Not sure on their nature but I heard Danios can be slightly fin nippy and over energetic, especially for a Betta?
One that thrives in fast flowing waters and one that can't stand heavy flow rates? Would be an odd mix no? :O

Cpd's aren't nippy & prefer slower flow but like a much lower temp than Bettas, chilli rasboras would be better or ember tetras

Oto's prefer to be in groups, nerite snails would be good algae eaters

Lillefishy said:
Cpd's aren't nippy & prefer slower flow but like a much lower temp than Bettas, chilli rasboras would be better or ember tetras

I wasn't sure if they originated from the same region as the more common Zebrafish etc and shared similar traits.

nerites hmm whats good about assiasins do they eat algea and clean

I think sterbai's get entirely too big to have in a 10g tank. As far as cories go, I would suggest thinking about dwarf cories (pygmaeus, hastatus, habrosus).

Pygmys & habrosus would be at the top limit of their temperature range & may not do well, hastatus could take the slightly higher temps

I thought sterbais only got 2inches max? I'm more of a pleco person so not an expert on corys. and i was thinking about the ottos yeah you need a group. anyway i meant a smaller species of corys and some people think snails are ugly so i said ottos i think in a 10 you could put 3 ottos in and they would be happy as long as you supplement with algae wafers.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back